The Delivery Manager will be responsible for the delivery of salesforce implementation projects. The role involves entails 2 main functions – hands on involvement in project teams as an active consultant and overseeing projects being delivered by members of the team.
Candidates for this role should possess knowledge and have experience implementing Salesforce.com projects. They should be comfortable acting as a knowledgeable liaison with business stakeholders, posses the ability to uncover business requirements, develop a technical strategy and be able to create and effectively demonstrate solutions that address customer requirements.
This position will involve direct reports and is responsible for compliance and adherence of consistent delivery standards. The ideal candidate will provide visible leadership, accountability, and authority over high profile projects and should have an inclination for team building and career advancement of team members. GSD is a fast paced agile environment and the delivery manager will have a significant impact in transforming the technology landscape at our client and partner organizations.
- Liaison with clients on an ongoing basis, to maintain and develop the business relationship, and keep projects to a set time frame.
- Participate in sessions with Salesforce.com customers and other team members to understand business Requirements and Business Processes Analysis.
- Document detailed business, functional & technical requirements.
- Manage and facilitate project delivery and build components as necessary.
- Manage end-to-end delivery of complex solutions to multiple clients.
- Configure and customize Salesforce.com Sales and Service applications
- Configuration of Salesforce.com and related third party applications
- Develop and contribute to data migration and/or system integration strategy.
- Actively manage stakeholders' expectations, resource alignment, and possible conflicting priorities across projects
- Ensure adherence to GSD delivery structure and project management methodology during implementation of the solution.
- Deliver strategic business reviews to educate clients on key platform trends and consideration.
- Communicate reports regarding project status, risk management and escalation of issues.
- Be client advocate to resolve and manage escalations to ensure client partnership endures
- Weekly 1-1 / project reviews with direct reports
- Mentorship and career guidance for team members, includes but not limited to tour of duty, quarterly goals and learning and development session.
- Involvement in refining processes, procedures and strategic initiatives across the delivery organization
- Ensuring adherence of GSD process and procedures across delivery pod – utilization, forecasts and time-entry.
- Providing weekly updates on project and team members to the director of delivery
- This position has minimal travel and occasional presence to clients’ sites
- Bachelors Degree or MBA
- 4+ years of working as a consultant with the Salesforce.com platform
- 3+ years Project Management experience within consulting environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience with salesforce implementations
- In-depth technical backend knowledge of the Salesforce platform
- Delivered numerous complex Salesforce projects.
- Salesforce Sales Cloud Certification
- Salesforce Service cloud Certification
- Project management experience
- Experience managing a team